More subtle in flavor than our classic Italian dry salami, this Genoa salami is made with select pork, blended with mild spices and marinated in red wine. Available in 2.5lb presliced bag.
More subtle in flavor than our classic Italian dry salami, this Genoa salami is made with select pork, blended with mild spices and marinated in red wine. Available in 7lb and 4lb pieces.
Salami, Eggplant Caprese Panini
Bursting with Italian flavors, this panini makes a satisfying meal any time of the day.
2 small eggplants
3 tbsp olive oil, divided
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
8 thin slices tomato
6 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
1/4 cup balsamic glaze
12 basil leaves, torn
1 pkg (4 oz) Fiorucci Genoa Salami
4 ciabatta buns, split
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
1. Preheat panini sandwich press according to manufacturer’s instructions. Cut each eggplant lengthwise into four 1/2-inch thick slices. Toss with 2 tbsp oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill eggplant for 5 to 8 minutes or until grilled marked and very tender. Drizzle with remaining oil.
2. Layer eggplant, tomato, cheese, balsamic glaze, basil and salami in buns.
3. Grill sandwiches, in two batches, for 3 to 5 minutes or until bread is toasted and cheese melts.
• Substitute sliced zucchini for eggplant.
• Make sure to grill eggplant slices until soft and very tender, otherwise they will have an unpleasant spongy texture.