|Spinach Salad with Pancetta and
Fiorucci Pancetta re-energizes a
simple spinach salad. A warm loaf of crusty Italian bread and
a glass of red wine perfect this meal.
- 3 ounces Fiorucci
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs minced shallots
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbs raspberry vinegar
- 1 tbs dijon mustard
- Leaves from 1 large bunch of spinach, washed and
- 1/3 cup crumbled fresh goat cheese
- ½ cup roasted red peppers, cut into strips
- ¼ cup toasted pignoli (pine nuts)
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 large grilled mushrooms (portabella would be great!)
- Heat 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil and pancetta together
over medium-high heat and cook until pancetta cubes are crisp.
- Remove pancetta with a slotted spoon and set
- Add the shallots and garlic to the pan and cook until
- Remove pan with ingredients in it from heat
and stir in the vinegar, mustard and remaining extra virgin
- Place the spinach in a large bowl and pour in the
warm dressing from the pan. Toss and coat the spinach leaves.
- Add the remaining ingredients and the reserved
pancetta. Toss lightly.
- When serving, arrange some of the pepper,
pancetta and pine nuts on top of the salad.
|The Fiorucci Pancetta could be substituted
Mortadella. Also, try substituting arugula or
baby spinach for the spinach.