|Portobello & Prosciutto Salad
Entrée Using Fiorucci Riserva Prosciutto,
can be modified and used as an Appetizer
This salad will satisfy heartier appetites with its mouth-watering
combination of rich portobello mushrooms and delicate prosciutto.
Our recipe calls for arugula, but it can also work with mesclun greens
- 1 small wedge Reggiano Parmigiano cheese
- 2 bunches arugula, tough stems removed
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs minced shallots
- 1 tbs chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 portobello mushrooms (about 1 ½ lbs), stems
- 8 oz thinly sliced Fiorucci
- Preheat broiler.
- With vegetable peeler, shave enough curls from Reggiano Parmigiano
wedge to equal ½ cup.
- Arrange arugula on a platter.
- In a small bowl, mix balsamic vinegar, olive oil, shallots,
parsley, salt and pepper until blended.
- Place mushrooms, top side up, on rack in broiling pan. Brush
mushroom tops with 1 tbs dressing. Place pan in broiler at closest
position to source of heat. Broil mushrooms for 4 minutes. Turn
mushrooms over; brush with 2 more tbs dressing and broil 5 minutes
longer or until tender.
- Thickly slice mushrooms and arrange on arugula. Spoon remaining
dressing over salad. Arrange prosciutto on platter with salad.
Top with Parmigiano curls.
Dinner for 4 or appetizer for 8